Sunday 1 April 2018

Professional research


Professional research

To help me in my roles I did some research into professionals within that industry.

Gallery PA

During the Studio Production I did running work on another show, there I was able to speak to their PA and get some pointers from her. 
She heavily suggested timing how long it takes the presenter to do the round up of the show and have this as a fixed timer. I also noticed she used her script a lot for note taking for anything that she found she would need in the show.

Assistant Producer

Assistant Producers do any work that is delegated to them by the Producers. 
Mark Gatiss is an English author, Producer and actor. 
He has produced shows such as; Sherlock, Crooked house and the First Men in the moon among others.
He is known for shows such as Doctor Who and Sherlock, however he was the Assistant Producer for the show "Queers".





In this show Gatiss would have had to, liaise with the Producers, research historical figures/stories, checked the scripts, briefed the contributors in the show and he would've helped organise shoots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

From this research I learnt helpful tips in terms of Gallery PAing. I also got an appreciation for how closely linked Assistant Producers and Producers actually are. During my research I struggled to find one without the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...