Friday 20 April 2018

Steal the Style- Script


Scripts

Over the duration of the pre-production period there were various versions of the script. My self and the other PA would have two jobs in regards to the script:
  • Read through it to make sure it made sense, both factually and literally.
  • Add in durations and make sure the durations gave enough time to the dialogue.
All my versions of the script were highlighted and noted on. This allowed me to be able to easily see where things like graphics or VTs were.


My final script also had the running order and call sheet in case anyone needed it, and so I knew the schedule for the day. I also noted down information like meetings that needed to happened between the audience manager and staff at the studios. I crossed through the half of the show that wasn't mine to ensure I wouldn't get confused.




These are the other versions of the script I worked from.
We had to ensure that these scripts worked with our running orders so that everything was accurate.
The information I collected from Bonnie and the presenters were put in the scripts to so that they had some stories in them to make the dialogue more personalised.
My versions also had notes that Del would say during the rehearsals, if VTs needed to be slower or reedited so that I could bring it up with them later. Everyone on set was required to have a script so that they knew where in the show we were and what was happening at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...