Friday 20 April 2018

Steal the Style: TX day


Transmission day

On the day of Transmission I arrived at 8 with the other PA and Director, we were able to dress the dressing rooms with clothes, drinks and food. Jemma was able to give the contribs their money and receipts too.
Make sure signs were put up in corridors and everything was ready for when crew and cast arrived.
While the crew were setting up their cameras and sound equipment Jemma and I set up our laptops with the show timers, mine had the segment timers and hers had the shows timer.
We had a few rehearsals in the morning on the set with some of the contributors as they arrived, we had a slow start but eventually got in the swing of things and were able to finalise everything. 
Before the afternoon we made sure everyone had a script and knew the call sheet schedule. The countdown to the start of the show was started at 1:30 and in that time Behind the scenes got their footage, cameras got in their places, the audience arrived and were seated and in the gallery we as PAs got our timers and scripts ready for transmission.

During transmission we had the segment timers going as well as an over all show timer. There were some parts of the script that either over ran or ran under so we took/added time to the interviews in the show as they weren't fixed timers like VTs are. 
Any issues we had in previous rehearsals where VTs faded to black or weren't edited to time had been sorted by adding other timers. I used my TX running order to tick off as I went along, this helped me keep with where I was in the show and what timer I needed. Myself and Jemma would cross reference with each other to confirm the timings on the segment timers and the show timer. 
If we  went over or under time in a segment (this was more often then not the Old to New segment) the producers would come over and tell us where they wanted the time either added or taken from. 
The show ran exactly to 30 mins.

I worked with Gavin (the director for my half of the show) and found that it was easier for him to know where he was in the show if I did 10 second counts. After confirming this we ran on time a lot more.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...