Monday 23 April 2018

Steal the style: emails


Emailing/contacting people


As part of my job as the Assistant Producer I emailed/got in contact with multiple people at various points of the production.

Audience for fashion fails

For the fails fails segment there is a audience interaction piece where two members of the audience would have to talk about photos of themselves in "Fashion fails". In order to find people for this I emailed various groups and messaged people on the course to see if they knew anyone, as well as this myself and the production manager gave out leaflets to stores and people in the street.

I emailed 8 different clubs/associations and only received one reply from the UK Men's Shed Association.





Myself and the production manager decided we would go out into the general public to give out leaflets. Shoppers weren't interested in us however we gave 5 leaflets out to shop owners who said that they would show their bosses/ask friends and families.

























After not getting any luck with emailing people or the leaflets we gave out to the public, I sent out a message to the course asking if they knew anyone in their families or friends if they had a fashion fail. 
I sent out a message on the 9th of March, myself and the production manager agreed a deadline for the the segment with the producers where it would be cut if we couldn't find anyone to be in it. 
It wasn't until March 19th that we were able to confirm from people from the course that we could use their family members for fashion fails.









Drag queens

For the final segment of the show we needed a drag queen/performer.
I went onto Facebook and looked up UK Drag groups, I messaged the admins of these groups and asked if they either knew anyone who would be interested in being the show/would they be able to advertise it for us.
I found 2 Drag Queens, these eventually got brought down to 1 who we would have in the show.
Unfortunately due to other commitments they had to suddenly drop out, our other performer we were in contact with decided they did not want to do it so we had to look for someone else.
I went back to the groups and found another 8 Drag Queens, one of whom was very enthusiastic and interested. I also emailed two clubs to see if they knew of anyone who would like to take part. 



In the end we decided to go with the first person who responded who was Sapphire Stonee.

Alfie and Adeline

After Adeline and Alfie were cast I was one of their main points of contacts. I answered questions, got information for the producers to do their script, I also conveyed information to them for things like promo shoots e.g. where to park and what to wear etc.

This was sent to both presenters after they were cast and they replied with a lot of information that we could include in our records/script.
I sent them over call sheets for all the shoots they were in as well as the script.






Photographer/models for promo shoot

For the promotions shoot in which the pictures for Instagram would be taken. I contacted a fashion photography student I knew and some people who had experience modelling. I set up a time and location for the shoot however due to conflicts I had to take the photos and members of the course had to model for us.

Music

For the Drag Performance music I got in contact with a musician I knew and asked if she could write us a minute long song.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...