Wednesday 1 March 2017

Directions unit: Location recce

Location Recce: My house

(Production design)

I choose to film in my house as it's relatively empty due to being student accommodation which meant I could play around with the set design, it also meant that actors in my film could move around the set easier.

The living room

The living room is where the bulk of the filming occurred, I kept/used the majority of the furniture already in the room and added wall hangings on tables, fairy lights etc. The table became the main focus of the shot through out filming. 
I went to charity shops to look for mismatched crockery, as well as using my own (bent) knives, forks and spoons. I used bright and colourful sweets as though the whole thing had been picked out by a child, after all referencing the Burton filming the Hatter has a lot of childlike qualities and Alice is the parental figure.
 


Hallway

The hallway is where Alice trips into "Wonderland", during filming I kept it all very plan and boring to contrast with the living room.



Front path

I didn't add anything to the exterior shots, this is again to emphasise the difference between Alice's normal world and "Wonderland"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...