Friday 3 March 2017

Directions unit: Evaluation

Critical Evaluation


Pre-production

During my pre-production prep I put out an ad for actors on 'Casting Call Pro'. I managed to get my entire film cast and had audition tapes from all of the participating actors 2 weeks in advance of filming, however over the next two weeks I had a total of 5 drop outs and even though I managed to recast twice I ended up with one professional actor. Because of this my cast also consists of members of my class, this also meant my crew was brought down to two people.


To over come this next time I would;
1. Try to cast in advance and make sure all potential actors were fully informed about the shoot as a lot of the time they dropped out due to not understanding the location of the shoot. 
2. I would cast over different websites to get a wider range of people.

Production

I decided to film on a DSLR camera, due to this I would have to use external microphones to achieve a good quality of sound. Unfortunately due to technical difficulties I had to record through the DSLR microphone.


To over come this next time I would pre-check to see if all the equipment was working as it should.

Post-production

During post-production in the editing stage I had to add extra sounds and cut some out as it was either too quiet or too much white noise was being picked up.


To make life easier on myself I would pre-check equipment before filming to make sure I could achieve the best sound quality as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...