Wednesday 12 October 2016

Story-telling unit= "The Chair"- Camera/Editing practice


"The Chair"- camera/editing practice


We recorded a short series of scenes revolving around someone going to a chair. The idea was to get as much coverage as possible for a simple story.


This is my 1st edit, this is where I had a go with visual effects and audio effects. The idea for the 1st edit was for George to be in a black and white world without music, and when he plays his song it brings colour to his world.




In the 2nd one I wanted to try to fix the continuity, and order of the scenes, I didn't put any music in the second one because I wanted to focus on the visual.
Next time I do an edit like this I'd like to try and make the edit when the music starts smoother so it looks better. I'd also like to try to add more shots to it so better coverage and to keep it interesting for who ever watches it.

1 comment:

  1. NICE WORK! Good to see you trying different approaches. "Testing" is a great way to learn. Try and take this approach with your work whenever you can. Really interesting little film. well done!

    ReplyDelete

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...