Monday 10 October 2016

My Favourite Moment- "One Day" Dexter and his dad


Moments "One Day", Dexter with his Dad. Steve Coombes



Brief summary: Emma and Dexter meet when they graduate from university. Every year from then on the anniversary of that date (July 15th) the film picks up their story. Emma is an aspiring author while Dexter wants to work in TV, through the years they go in different directions but it follows them through the ups and downs of life and their eventual meeting again.




My favourite moment is after Emma has been killed, Dexter's been beaten up and gets taken to his estranged father. The two of them have a moment together where they're both in the same situation (they're wife/girlfriend has died), Dexter's dad "teaches" him how to cope without Emma in his life. My favourite line in the scene is "What do you think I've been doing for the last for the last 10 years", this is where Dexter realises his dad has been struggling and is where all his pre-conceptions about his father disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...