Friday 19 May 2017

Documentaries: Evaluation


Evaluation


Overall I really enjoyed this unit I found that I really liked being the groups lead researcher and although at times I found it hard my group helped me when I needed support.

Pre-production



Pre-production for me was really interesting I really enjoyed researching the LGBTQ+ community and finding people to contact for them to be apart of filming. I made filming schedule's and made sure everyone knew what they were filming when, this backfired a bit when people didn't put new contacts on the lists or new locations. This meant we lost a few potential contacts.
I did find I was having to keep encouraging a fellow crew mate to get on with research and had to keep sending and providing the material for them to actually research, this way they would know what was going on during filming.


Production

Our general production went smoothly, we did end up with a lot of drop outs and cast changes which we did not plan for but we dealt with it effectively and got interviews we needed filmed.
When we were told to take our doc in a new direction we had to get some re-shoots but this was done easily without any hassle.
There were some communication issues when our director left the camera assistant to get some shots which were not filmed.

Post-production

During post-production we only had two issues;
Sound- when filming apart of Zak's introduction to the documentary as we were outside we unfortunately had a lot of wind and aero plane interference. This meant we had to re-record in the sound booth which allowed us to have a clear and crisp audio track which we then synced with Zak's visual that was already filmed.
Pictures- during the editing process as our camera assistant was unable to get footage we needed so filmed it last minuet on his phone, as predicted though his phone had a poor quality video so we ended up using some footage that a friend from another group had shot of people walking instead which came out clearer.


In general for next time I need to work on my time management and organization abilities so that contacts aren't forgotten about and lost.
As a group we did have our disagreements whenever a member wasn't doing what they were asked to do, however over all we worked fairly well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...