Thursday 18 May 2017

Documentaries: Contacting and Liasing


Contacting and liaising


For our production I ended up contacting multiple people and schools over the county ((some overseas)) and ranging in sexualities and ages, their experiences were generally similar though.
I found that schools were less likely to be willing to take part in the film then individual people where, I also found that contacting group admins on Facebook meant I got a lot of people messaging me personally this why I was sure they would be willing to take part in filming. 

For Facebook contacts I did short messages ((I got more replies through this message then I did any email I sent))

" I'm doing a TV production course at university. For my final project of my 1st year we have to make a 10 minuet documentary as though we're making it for BBC. My group have chosen to make one on how LGBTQ+ are discussed in sex education in schools. It would be really helpful if we could have an interview with you to get your view on it. The final product will go on youtube but if you don't want it to it doesn't have to. If you're interested please don't hesitate to message me "

For things like schools and the sex educators I directly emailed them ((when this didn't work for us Zak did a few calls in which we were redirected to other charities and companies that work with the LGBTQ+ community))




No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...