Tuesday 5 December 2017

Dock Yard research

Dockyard: Location Research

My final commission will be exhibited in the Chatham Historic Dockyards as part of the "Black History Live" project.

As part of the research into how I'd like things displayed in the project (in terms of photos, artefacts etc.) I went to the Dock yards and looked around the room where it would be. This also helped me during the editing/scripting of the recordings as I had an order in my head to work to making things quicker and easier. 

To help me visualise how I'd like things to work before I consulted Carol I drew out diagrams and took notes on how things would work in the exhibition. As well as how it would all work together as one cohesive exhibit.

After I did this I emailed Carol asking her opinions about it;




After doing this I was able to edit the sound clips accordingly as well as ensure that pictures of the interviewees were taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...