Friday 2 December 2016

Critical evaluation

Critical evaluation



Pre-production: I found the process of script writing relatively easy, I found what worked for me was writing loads of random ideas I find interesting down and seeing which I could expand and develop into my script. 
I had slight issues with casting towards the filming date, the actress who was scheduled to play Lucy dropped out the day before and I had to recast. Because I choose a subject that had happened to me in real life, I knew Trans-gender people who would be able to play the role of Matt/Mave. Overall my actors both preformed well and followed the directions well even though they weren't comfortable with each other.
I found I was slightly unorganised in getting permission for my locations, because I used my own house I only had to ask my landlady if I could film there. However I left it slightly to the last minuet to get the permission to film on the path out side of my house, next time I will be sure to do this earlier.
Production: On the day of my shoot my sound person dropped out, I managed to get a replacement just in time which meant I didn't have to reschedule my shoot. In fact because my crew worked so well together we were able to get the shoot done in one day. Thanks to my camera operator (Trine) we were able to collaborate together about which shots would work better, even though this sometimes meant that we went against the shot list I was able to get a lot more coverage then I originally planned for.
One thing that would've meant the story could've worked better is if I had made time to buy the fake blood for Mave's costume, this would've help denote what was intended which was Mave/Matt had been beaten up.
Post: During editing I found that I had encountered issues with the sound being too quiet, a course mate helped me fix this issue and the audio is more audible. Otherwise the editing worked well and I am overall happy with my final edit.


Overall all from this I learnt that I should:
Be more organised with my shoot times
Have back ups for crew and understudies for my actors 
However I did enjoy this unit a lot and learnt a lot about my self in what I am good at and what I am struggle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production: Role research

To better understand my crew's roles and how I fit in with how they are working I did research into all four roles and what they do dur...